See Storybook for React guidance of this component.
The following CSS variables can be overridden to customize Form components:
- Inline errors are built in to all design-system form fields but can be used on their own to create custom fields.
- Inline errors should sit either directly above or below the input, depending on the theme defaults.
- Visually align inline validation messages with the input fields, so people using screen magnifiers can read them quickly.
- The form field should have an
aria-describedbyattribute that references the
idof the error message.
- Describe what the user still needs to do in a mandatory field that has been left incomplete or unanswered, or answered incorrectly.
- Repeat what the form label is asking the user to do, but with slightly more detail.
- Use the fewest words possible (i.e., don't use "please").
- Use sentence case.
- End with a period.
For more information about how we tested and validated our work for each checklist item, read our component maturity documentation.
ColorMeets AA color contrast standards for accessibility and color blindness.Complete
Forced Colors Mode (FCM)While using FCM the components text is legible and improves readability.Complete
WCAG 2.1 Level AA ConformanceAll Axe checks for WCAG AA compliance have passed.Complete
Screen readersVoiceOver, NVDA, and JAWS screen readers provide concise communication and interaction.Complete
Keyboard navigationComponent is fully navigable with a keyboard.Not applicable
StorybookComponent has stories to cover all defined props.Complete
ResponsiveComponent designed to work in all responsive breakpoints.Complete
Spanish translationsIncludes Spanish translations for default text content.Complete
CodeTokens implemented in code.Complete
DesignTokens implemented in the Sketch.Complete