See Storybook for React guidance of this component.
The following CSS variables can be overridden to customize Input/Form components:
This component also makes use of form field styles, which can be customized by the following variables:
- Use the date input when your user flow does not require separate fields for month, day, and year.
- Use the date input for most dates, particularly memorable dates like date of birth, marriage date, health coverage start or end dates, or income start date.
- Don't use if users are entering a date within the last year or a future date. Instead, use the date picker.
Allow users to have flexibility in entering the date, such as allowing one-digit numbers with or without "0" prior to the number, or entering a date with or without slashes to separate month, day, and year.
- Example: "1" as well as "01" for a month or day.
- Example: "05/01/2022" as well as "05012022".
- These text fields should follow the accessibility guidelines for all text inputs.
- Users will be able to enter a variety of date formats that automatically format to the correct date format of MM/DD/YYYY. This change happens once the form field loses focus. For example, a user enters a date as "4122020" and it changes to "04/01/2020" once focus leaves the date input.
For more information about how we tested and validated our work for each checklist item, read our component maturity documentation.
ColorMeets AA color contrast standards for accessibility and color blindness.Complete
Forced Colors Mode (FCM)While using FCM the components text is legible and improves readability.Complete
WCAG 2.1 Level AA ConformanceAll Axe checks for WCAG AA compliance have passed.Complete
Screen readersVoiceOver, NVDA, and JAWS screen readers provide concise communication and interaction.Complete
Keyboard navigationComponent is fully navigable with a keyboard.Complete
StorybookComponent has stories to cover all defined props.Complete
ResponsiveComponent designed to work in all responsive breakpoints.Complete
Spanish translationsIncludes Spanish translations for default text content.Complete
CodeTokens implemented in code.Complete
DesignTokens implemented in the Sketch.Complete