Make sure you include an
id at the beginning of your main content and that it matches the skipnav link.
|Skip nav label|
|The anchor or target for the link (where the link will jump the user to)|
|An onClick handler used for manually setting focus on the content. Sometimes it's necessary to manually set focus, like when an app uses hash routing and element-id links will be mistaken for routes.|
When to use
- Skip navigation links should come before a long list of navigation links. Most commonly, this occurs before a site's main navigation.
- Skip navigation can be visually hidden at first or displayed visually at all times, depending on user needs and design requirements.
- Skip navigation should appear visually on focus.
- The link should skip the user to the main content of the page.
- More than one skip link can be on a page, but be mindful of creating too many.
- Adding a
tabindex="-1"on the container being skipped to allows older browsers to programmatically move focus properly.
For more information about how we tested and validated our work for each checklist item, read our component maturity documentation.
ColorMeets AA color contrast standards for accessibility and color blindness.Complete
Forced Colors Mode (FCM)While using FCM the components text is legible and improves readability.Complete
WCAG 2.1 Level AA ConformanceAll Axe checks for WCAG AA compliance have passed.Complete
Screen readersVoiceOver, NVDA, and JAWS screen readers provide concise communication and interaction.Complete
Keyboard navigationComponent is fully navigable with a keyboard.Complete
StorybookComponent has stories to cover all defined props.Complete
ResponsiveComponent designed to work in all responsive breakpoints.Complete
Spanish translationsIncludes Spanish translations for default text content.Complete
CodeTokens implemented in code.Complete
DesignTokens implemented in the Sketch.Complete