Filter Chips are used to display dismissible filter chips
Id for filter chip button. If not provided, a unique id will be automatically generated and used.
Class to be applied to the outer
Text for the filter chip.
Labels filter action, i.e., "Remove." For screenreader support.
Function to call when filter chip is dismissed.
Use alternate thinner close icon in place of standard.
Sets the size of the chip to larger version.
When to use
- Use to clearly indicate to the user what filters have been applied to a set of results and provide a quick and easy way to remove a selected filter
When to consider alternatives
- When many filter chips would be displayed and available screen real estate is limited
- When a badge is sufficient in place of a filter chip
- Do not mix badges and filter chip as it can be confusing to the user
- Do not use filter chip when a badge is sufficient, i.e., when none of the tags are removable
- Filter chips should be short and not wrap to the second line
- Allow adequate spacing (at least 8px) between each filter chip, as much as the design will allow.
- The colors of the Filter Chip can be overriden using the Sass variables listed below, but should not be overriden with colors outside of the color palette.
Spacebarwill remove the tag when it is in focus
The following Sass variables can be overridden to customize FilterChip components: