See Storybook for React guidance of this component.
The following CSS variables can be overridden to customize FilterChip components:
- Use to clearly indicate to the user what filters have been applied to a set of results and provide a quick and easy way to remove a selected filter
- When many filter chips would be displayed and available screen real estate is limited
- When a badge is sufficient in place of a filter chip
- Do not mix badges and filter chip as it can be confusing to the user
- Do not use filter chip when a badge is sufficient, i.e., when none of the tags are removable
- Filter chips should be short and not wrap to the second line
- Allow adequate spacing (at least 8px) between each filter chip, as much as the design will allow.
- The colors of the Filter Chip can be overriden using the CSS variables listed below, but should not be overriden with colors outside of the color palette.
Spacebarwill remove the tag when it is in focus
For more information about how we tested and validated our work for each checklist item, read our component maturity documentation.
ColorMeets AA color contrast standards for accessibility and color blindness.Complete
Forced Colors Mode (FCM)While using FCM the components text is legible and improves readability.Complete
WCAG 2.1 Level AA ConformanceAll Axe checks for WCAG AA compliance have passed.Complete
Screen readersVoiceOver, NVDA, and JAWS screen readers provide concise communication and interaction.Complete
Keyboard navigationComponent is fully navigable with a keyboard.Complete
StorybookComponent has stories to cover all defined props.Complete
ResponsiveComponent designed to work in all responsive breakpoints.Complete
Spanish translationsIncludes Spanish translations for default text content.Complete
CodeTokens implemented in code.Complete
DesignTokens implemented in the Sketch.Complete