See Storybook for React guidance of this component.
The following CSS variables can be overridden to customize Input/Form components:
This component also makes use of form field styles, which can be customized by the following variables:
Use this date field when:
- User flow requires inputs be separated
- Functionality/back-end systems can't support a single date field entry
Generally used for more memorable dates like date of birth, marriage date, or income start date.
- Don't use this date field if either single-input or date picker are feasible. This pattern is least effective with users.
- Allow users to enter one-digit numbers with or without the "0" prior to the number. Example: "1" as well as "01" for a month or day.
- These text fields should follow the accessibility guidelines for all text inputs.
For more information about how we tested and validated our work for each checklist item, read our component maturity documentation.
ColorMeets AA color contrast standards for accessibility and color blindness.Complete
Forced Colors Mode (FCM)While using FCM the components text is legible and improves readability.Complete
WCAG 2.1 Level AA ConformanceAll Axe checks for WCAG AA compliance have passed.Complete
Screen readersVoiceOver, NVDA, and JAWS screen readers provide concise communication and interaction.Complete
Keyboard navigationComponent is fully navigable with a keyboard.Complete
StorybookComponent has stories to cover all defined props.Complete
ResponsiveComponent designed to work in all responsive breakpoints.Complete
Spanish translationsIncludes Spanish translations for default text content.Complete
CodeTokens implemented in code.Complete
DesignTokens implemented in the Sketch.Complete